Blackz

Học sinh
Thành viên
5 Tháng năm 2020
Đồng Nai
Harvard
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

E. Complete each paragraph using the correct form of one of the following verbs. There may be more than one possible answer.
not submit - welcome - finalise - distribute - hold
1. "The programme of events for this year's student induction week (1) has been finalised The principal
(2) ....................... the new students at 12 o'clock on Monday 5th September in the main hall. Individual
departments (3) ..................... meetings that afternoon, so booklists can be handed out. By the end of the
day, tutors (4) ....................... the lists to all new students. Second-year students who (5) .......................
their course request forms must do so by Wednesday 7th September at the latest.
wait - recognise - get - take - arrange - drive
2. "I've got to go to the doctor's the afternoon you arrive. I hope you don't mind, but 1 (1)........................ for
someone to come and pick you up. When you (2)........................... to the airport, go straight to the
information desk, where Tina (3).......................... with a sign with your name on it, so you
(4)....................... her right away. She (5)....................... you to my house. 1 (6)...........................
a few days off work so we can do some sightseeing together. Can't wait to see you!
appeal - measure - not need - realise - consider - buy - grow - keep
3. “So, you (1)........................ getting a pet. Hamsters and canaries are so old-fashioned. The local pet
shop has snakes and lizards, and the idea of an iguana in your bedroom really (2)....................... to you.
But before you (3)............................ one on impulse, there are a few things you should know. A baby
iguana (4)......................... a lot of space at first, but it (5)...................... very quickly. An adult
male (6)......................... up to six feet long. Where (7)........................... a creature of that size?
And (8)............................. that it will probably live for up to 20 years? '

Minh Tín

Học sinh tiến bộ
Thành viên
22 Tháng mười 2017
E. Complete each paragraph using the correct form of one of the following verbs. There may be more than one possible answer.
not submit - welcome - finalise - distribute - hold
1. "The programme of events for this year's student induction week (1) has been finalised The principal
(2) ....................... the new students at 12 o'clock on Monday 5th September in the main hall. Individual
departments (3) ..................... meetings that afternoon, so booklists can be handed out. By the end of the
day, tutors (4) ....................... the lists to all new students. Second-year students who (5) .......................
their course request forms must do so by Wednesday 7th September at the latest.
wait - recognise - get - take - arrange - drive
2. "I've got to go to the doctor's the afternoon you arrive. I hope you don't mind, but 1 (1)........................ for
someone to come and pick you up. When you (2)........................... to the airport, go straight to the
information desk, where Tina (3).......................... with a sign with your name on it, so you
(4)....................... her right away. She (5)....................... you to my house. 1 (6)...........................
a few days off work so we can do some sightseeing together. Can't wait to see you!
appeal - measure - not need - realise - consider - buy - grow - keep
3. “So, you (1)........................ getting a pet. Hamsters and canaries are so old-fashioned. The local pet
shop has snakes and lizards, and the idea of an iguana in your bedroom really (2)....................... to you.
But before you (3)............................ one on impulse, there are a few things you should know. A baby
iguana (4)......................... a lot of space at first, but it (5)...................... very quickly. An adult
male (6)......................... up to six feet long. Where (7)........................... a creature of that size?
And (8)............................. that it will probably live for up to 20 years? '
Part 1:
1. welcomes
2. will hold,
3. will distribute
4. haven't submitted
Part 2:
1. arrange
2. get
3. will be waiting
4. will recognize
5. will drive
6. have taken