MinnChuu

Học sinh
Thành viên
8 Tháng tám 2018
Hà Nội
THCS Dịch Vọng Hậu
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Mọi người giúp em với, em cảm ơn ạ!

Complete these sentences using the correct form of the words given.

16. The story was ....................... (amuse). It makes us laugh a lot.
17. The car was ....................... damaged in the accident. (serious)
18. Nations are putting ....................... knowledge to work for a solution of their food problems. ( science)
19. After a lot of thought, he made a big ....................... (decide)
20. Have you had any ....................... in learning English? ( difficult)
21. We all know about the people who have the ....................... to remember hundreds of words. ( able)
22. ....................... have reached a conclusion that smoking causes cancer. (Research)
23. Some people are afraid of being photographed because of their ....................... (believe)
24. It is ....................... that he passed the exam. (amaze)
25. I met my old friend ....................... on the way home from work yesterday. ( accident)
Read the following passage and answer the questions.
With important exceptions, then, the transition from school to work is on the whole fairly smooth for most boys and girls or, at least, the attractions are greater than the difficulties. There is, indeed, a determination to overcome problems, and a tendency to play them down. The keenness to go to work in order to help Mum out with the money at home; the feeling that, at the school-leaving age, the time is past when having a teacher standing over you all the time, watching you can be tolerated; and above all the desire to put aside the status of school-child in favor of that of worker- all these factors help children to get over the obstacles, uncertainties and even disappointments that they encounter when they start work.
But it cannot be inferred from the apparent ease of the transition that all is well. On the contrary, we have seen that most children are ill-prepared for employment so far as they know a little about what to expect when they start work. Even children who are supposedly keen on a particular occupation often know little about it, and take no steps to find out. In the Sheffield study, although a number of boys and girls have given a great deal of thought to their future work, only just over one-third had a reasonable sound knowledge, defined generously, of the tasks which would be involved in the jobs of their choice. This is to be expected, of course, in view of the unsatisfactory nature of the guidance given at home and in the school. “I don’t know what I’ll do,” boys say. “I have no idea.” “I’ll just go along and see what happens.” But whilst some are sanguine, others, as the time to start gets nearer, begin to worry, and build up all sorts of fearsome prospects in their minds- a chill strikes them as they wonder whether they will be able to do the work. What will happen if they cannot do it straight away? Will they be sacked on the spot? And how do they set about starting, even where do they go, who do they report to? I’ve got myself really worked up about it- I got so worried that I nearly didn’t go along at all, but my mother made me. I know I was silly now- for the Supervisor was ever so friendly. But all the time I felt horrible.
36. Is the transition from school to work smooth for everyone?
....................... ....................... ....................... .......................
37. Why are most children pleased to leave school?
....................... ....................... ....................... .......................
38. Why are children ill – prepared for employment?
39. What fears do children have as the time for going to work draws near?
40. Do most boys and girls give a great deal of thought to their future employment?

Nữ Thần Mặt Trăng

Cựu Mod Toán
Thành viên
TV BQT tích cực 2017
28 Tháng hai 2017
Hà Nội
THPT Đồng Quan
16. The story was ....................... (amuse). It makes us laugh a lot.
17. The car was ....................... damaged in the accident. (serious)
18. Nations are putting ....................... knowledge to work for a solution of their food problems. ( science)
19. After a lot of thought, he made a big ....................... (decide)
20. Have you had any ....................... in learning English? ( difficult)
21. We all know about the people who have the ....................... to remember hundreds of words. ( able)
22. ....................... have reached a conclusion that smoking causes cancer. (Research)
23. Some people are afraid of being photographed because of their ....................... (believe)
24. It is ....................... that he passed the exam. (amaze)
25. I met my old friend ....................... on the way home from work yesterday. ( accident)
16. The story was ...........amusing............ (amuse). It makes us laugh a lot.
17. The car was ............seriously........... damaged in the accident. (serious)
18. Nations are putting ...........scientific............ knowledge to work for a solution of their food problems. ( science)
19. After a lot of thought, he made a big ............decision........... (decide)
20. Have you had any ............difficulties........... in learning English? ( difficult)
21. We all know about the people who have the ...........ability............ to remember hundreds of words. ( able)
22. ...........Researchers............ have reached a conclusion that smoking causes cancer. (Research)
23. Some people are afraid of being photographed because of their ...........belief............ (believe)
24. It is ............amazing........... that he passed the exam. (amaze)
25. I met my old friend ............accidentally........... on the way home from work yesterday. ( accident)

Top Bottom