Phạm Dương

Cựu Cố vấn tiếng Anh
Thành viên
24 Tháng mười 2018
Hà Nội
Đại học Thương Mại
[TẶNG BẠN] TRỌN BỘ Bí kíp học tốt 08 môn
Chắc suất Đại học top - Giữ chỗ ngay!!

ĐĂNG BÀI NGAY để cùng trao đổi với các thành viên siêu nhiệt tình & dễ thương trên diễn đàn.

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the rest in the position of the main stress in each of the following questions.
Question 1.
A. contain B. purchase C. reflect D. suggest
Question 2. A. facilitate B. dimensional C. historical D. instrumental
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Question 3.
A. change B. generous C. gear D. jealous
Question 4. A. lost B. post C. loan D. pole
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
Question 5.
The small, ______ farms of New England were not appropriate for the Midwest.
A. self-supporting B. self-supported
C. supporting themselves D. they supported themselves
Question 6. The access __________ education and the change __________ economic status have given women more freedom.
A. in / in B. at / from C. to / in D. in / to
Question 7. He really deserved the award because he performed _________ what was expected of him.
A. much better than B. much better which
C. the most that D. much more as
Question 8. _______the phone rang later that night did Anna remember the appointment.
A. No sooner B. Just before C. Not until D. Only
Question 9. Everything is __________ you. I cannot make __________ my mind yet.
A.out off / on B. up to /up C. away from / for D. on for / off
Question 10. ______ his brother, Mike is active and friendly.
A. Alike B. Unlike C. Dislike D. Liking
Question 11. It was announced that neither the passengers nor the driver _________in the crash.
A. are injured B. was injured C. were injured D. have been injured
Question 12. I phoned the company, who ______ me that my goods had been dispatched.
A. guaranteed B. assured C. reassured D. confirmed
Question 13. When the car was invented, I don’t think anyone could have predicted______it would change the world.
A. how B. when C. why D. what
Question 14. Dry salt lakes _________ 70 kilometers long and 15 kilometers wide lie _________ long dunes __________ crests 20 meters high.
A. up to / between / with B. up with / for / to
C. to up / from / for D.up to/ at/to
Question 15. He acted in an extremely__________ manner, which made him very unpopular.
A. dictatorial B. dictate C. dictation D. dictatorship
Question 16. Have they __________ the "No Smoking" sign?
A. caught sight of B. taken care of C. put an end to D. made fun of

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.
Question 17. Daisy: “What an attractive hair style you have got, Mary!” - Mary: “_______”

A. Thank you very much! I am afraid. B. You are telling a lie.
C. Thank you for your compliment! D. I don't like your sayings.
Question 18. Dick: “Sorry, Brian is not here.” - Peter: “_________”
A. Would you like to leave a message? B. Can I take a message then?
C. Can I speak to Brian, please? D. Can I leave a message then?

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheets to indicate the word (s) SIMILAR in meaning to the underlined word (s) in each of the following questions.
Question 19.
By the end of the storm, the hikers had depleted even their emergency stores.
A. greatly dropped B. lost C. destroyed D. used almost all of
Question 20. Originally the builders have me a price of $5,000, but now they say they underestimated it, and now it’s going to be at least $8,000.
A. misjudged B. underrated C. undervalued D. outnumbered

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase for each of the blanks.

School exams are, generally speaking, the first kind of test we take. They find out how much knowledge we have gained. But do they really show how intelligent we are? After all, isn’t it a fact that some people who are very academically successful don’t have any common sense.
Intelligence is the speed ___(21)_____ which we can understand and react to new situations and it is usually tested by logic puzzles. Although scientist are now preparing ___(22)_____ computer technology that will be able to “read” our brains, for the present tests are still the most popular ways of measuring intelligence.
A person’s IQ is their intelligence as it is measured by a special test. The most common IT tests are ___(23)_____ by Mensa, an organization that was found in England in 1946. By 1976, it had 1,300 members in Britain. Today there are 44,000 in Britain and 100,000 worldwide largely in the US.
People taking the tests are judged in ___(24)_____ to an average score of 100, and those who score over 148 are entitled to join Mensa. This works out at 2 percent of the population. Anyone from the age of six can take tests. All the questions are straightforward and most people can answer them if allowed enough time. But that’s the problem; the whole ___(25)_____ of the test is that they’re against the clock.
Question 21. A. to B. on C. at D. in
Question 22. A. ahead B. upper C. forward D. advanced
Question 23. A. steered B. commanded C. run D. appointed
Question 24. A. relation B. regard C. association D. concern
Question 25. A. reason B. question C. matter D. point

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions

At 7 pm on a dark, cold November evening, thousands of people are making their way across a vast car park. They're not here to see a film, or the ballet, or even the circus. They are all here for what is, bizarrely, a global phenomenon: they are here to see Holiday on Ice. Given that most people don’t seem to be acquainted with anyone who's ever been, the show's statistics are extraordinary: nearly 300 million people have seen Holiday on Ice since it began in 1943; it is the most popular live entertainment in the world.
But what does the production involve? And why are so many people prepared to spend their lives travelling round Europe in caravans in order to appear in it? It can't be glamorous, and it's undoubtedly hard work. The backstage atmosphere is an odd mix of gym class and workplace. A curtained-off section at the back of the arena is laughably referred to as the girls' dressing room, but is more accurately described as a corridor, with beige, cracked walls and cheap temporary tables set up along the length of it. Each girl has a small area littered with pots of orange make-up, tubes of mascara and long false eyelashes.
As a place to work, it must rank pretty low down the scale: the area round the ice-rink is grey and mucky with rows of dirty blue and brown plastic seating and red carpet tiles. It's an unimpressive picture, but the show itself is an unquestionably vast, polished global enterprise: the lights come from a firm in Texas, the people who make the audio system are in California, but Montreal supplies the smoke effects; former British Olympic skater Robin Cousins is now creative director for the company and conducts a vast master class to make sure they're ready for the show's next performance.
The next day, as the music blares out from the sound system, the case start to go through their routines under Cousins' direction. Cousins says, 'The aim is to make sure they're all still getting to exactly the right place on the ice at the right time - largely because the banks of lights in the ceiling are set to those places, and if the skaters are all half a metre out they'll be illuminating empty ice. Our challenge, ' he continues, 'is to produce something they can sell in a number of countries at the same time. My theory is that you take those things that people want to see and you give it to them, but not in the way they expect to see it. You try to twist it. And you have to find music that is challenging to the skaters, because they have to do it every night.'
It may be a job which he took to pay the rent, but you can’t doubt his enthusiasm. 'They only place you'll see certain skating moves is an ice show,' he says, 'because you're not allowed to do them in competition. It's not in the rules. So the ice show word has things to offer which the competitive world just doesn't. Cousins knows what he's talking about because he skated for the show himself when he stopped competing - he was financially unable to retire. He learnt the hard way that you can't put on an Olympic performance every night. I'd be thinking, these people have paid their money, now do your stuff, and I suddenly thought, "I really can't cope. I'm not enjoying it".' The solution, he realized, was to give 75 per cent every night, rather than striving for the sort of twice-a-year excellence which won him medals.
To be honest, for those of us whose only experience of ice-skating is watching top-class Olympic skaters, some of the movements can look a bit amateurish, but then, who are we to judge? Equally, it's impossible not to be swept up in the whole thing; well, you'd have to try pretty hard not to enjoy it.
Question 26. The writer describes the backstage area in order to show
A. how much fun the cast have during their work
B. how much preparation is needed for a performance
C. the type of skater that the show attracts
D. the conditions that the skaters put up with
Question 27. The word blares out in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to
A. seeps out B. sounds beautifully C. resounds loudly D. rings
Question 28. What does the writer highlight about the show in the third paragraph?
A. the difficulty of finding suitable equipment
B. the need for a higher level of professional support
C. the range of companies involved in the production
D. the variety of places in which the show has been staged
Question 29. The word them in paragraph 5 refers to
A. skating moves B. skating competitions
C. things that people want to see D. the skaters
Question 30. For Robin Cousins, the key point when rehearsing skating routines is
A. keeping in time with the music B. the skaters' positions on the ice
C. the movement of the lights D. filling all available space on the ice
Question 31. Cousins believes that he can meet the challenge of producing shows for different audiences
A. by adapting movements to suit local tastes
B. by presenting familiar material in an unexpected way
C. by selecting music that local audiences will respond to
D. by varying the routines each night
Question 32. What is meant by 'the hard way'?
A. through making a lot of errors
B. through difficult personal experience
C. by misunderstanding the expectations of others
D. by over-estimating the ability of others
Question 33. What conclusion does the writer draw about Holiday on Ice?
A.It is hard to know who really enjoys it
B. It requires as much skill as Olympic ice-skating
C. It is more enjoyable to watch than formal ice-skating
D. It is difficult to dislike it

Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions

Before the 1500’s, the western plains of North America were dominated by farmers. One group, the Mandans, lived in the upper Missouri River country, primarily in present – day North Dakota. They had large villages of houses built close together. The tight arrangement enabled the Mandans to protect themselves more easily from the attacks of others who might seek to obtain some of the food these highly capable farmers stored from one year to the next.
The women had primary responsibility for the fields. They had to exercise considerable skill to produce the desired results, for their northern location meant fleeting growing seasons. Winter often lingered; autumn could be ushered in by severe frost. For good measure, during the spring and summer, drought, heat, hail, grasshoppers, and other frustrations might await the wary grower.
Under such conditions, Mandan women had to grow maize capable of weathering adversity. They began as early as it appeared feasible to do so in the spring, clearing the land, using fire to clear stubble from the fields and then planting. From this point until the first green corn could be harvested, the crop required labor and vigilance.
Harvesting proceeded in two stages. In August the Mandans picked a smaller amount of the crop before it had matured fully. This green corn was boiled, dried and shelled, with some of the maize slated for immediate consumption and the rest stored in animal – skin bags. Later in the fall, the people picked the rest of the corn. They saved the best of the harvest for seeds or for trade, with the remainder eaten right away or stored for alter use in underground reserves. With appropriate banking of the extra food, the Mandans protected themselves against the disaster of crop failure and accompany hunger.
The woman planted another staple, squash, about the first of June, and harvested it near the time of the green corn harvest. After they picked it, they sliced it, dried it, and strung the slices before they stored them. Once again, they saved the seeds from the best of the year’s crop. The Mandans also grew sunflowers and tobacco; the latter was the particular task of the older men.
Question 34. What is the main topic of the passage ?
A. The agricultural activities of a North American Society
B. Various ways corn can be used.
C. The problems encountered by farmers specializing in growing once crop
D. Weather conditions on the western plains.
Question 35. The Mandans built their houses close together in order to ____________.
A. share farming implements
B. guard their supplies of food
C. protect themselves against the weather
D. allow more room for growing corn
Question 36. Why does the author believe that the Mandans were skilled farmers?
A. They developed new varieties of corn.
B. They could grow crops despite adverse weather.
C. They developed effective fertilizers.
D. They could grow crops in most types of soil.
Question 37. Which of the following processes does the author imply was done by both men and women?
A. clearing fields B. Harvesting corn C. Harvesting squash D. Planting corn
Question 38. The word “disaster” in paragraph 4 is closest in meaning to __________.
A. catastrophe B. history. C. control D. avoidance
Question 39. The word “them” in the last paragraph refers to _________.
A. women B. seeds C. slices D. the Mandans
Question 40. Throughout the passage, the author implies that the Mandans _________.
A. valued individuality B. were very adventurous
C. were open to strangers D. planned for the future

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Question 41.
Economists have tried to discourage the use of the phrase “underdeveloped nation and encouraging the more accurate phase “developing nation” in order to suggest an ongoing process.
A B C D
Question 42. Being the biggest expanse of brackish water in the world, the Baltic Sea is of special interesting to scientists.
A B C D
Question 43. It is time the government helped the unemployment to find some jobs.
A B C D
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions
Question 44.
Why are you being so arrogant?
A. humble B. cunning C. naive D. snooty
Question 45. Strongly advocating health foods, Jane doesn’t eat any chocolate.
A. denying B. impugning C. supporting D. advising
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.
Question 46
Nobody is helping me, so I can’t finish my science project on time.
A. I could finish my science project on time if I were being helped by someone.
B. I needed help with my science project, but everyone just ignored me.
C. My science project will be difficult to do alone, so I should ask someone for help.
D. No one had time to help me, so I couldn’t finish my science project on time.
Question 47. Although they taste nearly the same, both Sprite and Mountain Dew are two separate citrus – flavoured soft drinks made by different companies.
A. Although Sprite has a stronger citrus taste than Mountain Dew, basically they are the same soft drink, though made by different companies.
B. Sprite and Mountain Dew are both manufactured by the same company, though they are similarly tasting citrus – flavoured soft drinks.
C. Produced by two different companies, Sprite and Mountain Dew, which are both citrus – flavoured soft drinks, taste practically no different.
D. Not made by the same company, Sprite and Mountain Dew are different from one another in the amount of their citrus flavouring.

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is CLOSEST in meaning to each of the following questions
Question 48.
I had no idea Clark spoke French until we went to Bordeaux.
A. I first realized that Clark knew French when we were in Bordeaux.
B. Before we went to Bordeaux, Clark had never tried to speak French.
C. While we were traveling to Bordeaux, Clark suddenly started to speak French.
D. It was difficult to understand the French that Clark was speaking in Bordeaux.
Question 49. One of the things I hate is noisy children.
A. I hate being in a place where there are noisy kids.
B. Children who make a lot of noise are terrible.
C. Among other things, I can’t stand children who make noise.
D. I hate both children and the noise they make.
Question 50. People who are unhappy sometimes try to compensate by eating too much.
A. Unhappy people are usually overweight because they tend to eat too much.
B. Eating too much occasionally makes people unhappy and depressed.
C. For some people, eating too much is a reason to be miserable.
D. When depressed, people occasionally attempt to offset their misery by overeating.

Phạm Dương

Cựu Cố vấn tiếng Anh
Thành viên
24 Tháng mười 2018
Hà Nội
Đại học Thương Mại

CÂU

ĐÁP ÁN

GIẢI THÍCH CHI TIẾT ĐÁP ÁN

B

Trọng âm nhấn âm số 1, âm còn lại nhấn âm số 2
A. /kənˈteɪn/
B. /ˈpɜːtʃəs/
C. /rɪˈflekt/
D. /səˈdʒest/

D

Trọng âm nhấn âm số 3, âm còn lại nhấn âm số 2
A. /fəˈsɪlɪteɪt/
B. /daɪˈmenʃənl/
C. /hɪˈstɒrɪkl/
D. /ɪnstrəˈmentl/

C

Đọc là âm [g], còn lại đọc là âm [dʒ]
A. /tʃeɪndʒ/
B. /ˈdʒenərəs/
C. /ɡɪə(r)/
D. /ˈdʒeləs/

A

Đọc là âm [əʊ], còn lại đọc là âm [əʊ]
A. /lɒst/
B. /pəʊst/
C. /ləʊn/
D. /pəʊl/

A

Chúng ta thấy vị trí cần điền là một ADJ
Self supporting (a) tự cung tự cấp
Self supported (a) tự lập, tự cung cấp, tự kiếm sống
Ta thấy đáp án đúng: A
“Các nông trại nhỏ, tự cung tự cấp của New England không phù hợp với vùng Trung Tây”

C

Access to: Phương tiện đến gần hoặc đi vào nơi nào đó, đường vào
Change in: sự thay đổi, hoặc trở nên khác so với trước đây

A

Câu này thuộc về dạng so sánh hơn
S1 + V + much/less+ short adjective + ER + than + S2

C

Đảo ngữ của Not until
Not until + time / S + Ved/2 + did + S + Vbare infinitive

B

Tobe up to smb: Tùy thuộc vào ai
Make up one’s mind = Decide + to V: quyết định làm gì

B

A. Alike (pre) : giống nhau, như nhau, khuôn đúc
B. Unlike (pre): khác với, không giống như
C. Dislike (v) : không thích
D. Linking(n): sự nối, sự kết nối
“................anh trai của anh ấy, Mike năng động và thân thiện”
Đáp án B thích hợp nhất vì câu mang tính chất so sánh đối lập giữa hai đối tượng

B

Câu trên tình huống ở thì quá khứ đơn và mang tính chất bị động
Ta thấy: neither + S1 + nor + S2 + V ( chia theo S2)
Đáp án đúng: B

B

A. guarantee that (v) hứa chắc chắn, đảm bảo
B. Assure smb that (v) quả quyết, đảm bảo
C. reassure smb that (v) cam đoan, đảm bảo 1 lần nữa để khiến ai đó đỡ lo lắng, sợ hãi
D. confime that (v) xác nhận
“Tôi gọi điện tới công ty, người đảm bảo với tôi rằng hàng hóa của tôi đã được gửi đi”
Đáp án B đúng và hợp với nôi dung câu nhất

A

“Khi xe ô tô được phát minh, tôi không nghĩ rằng bất cứ ai có thể tiên đoán được nó sẽ thay đổi thế giới như thế nào”
Câu này dịch nghĩa ra ta thấy “How” thích hợp với ý nghĩa câu

A

Đáp án A là chính xác nhất, các đáp án còn lại không chĩnh xác.

A

A. dictatorial (a) độc tài
B. dictate (n) mệnh lệnh
C. dictation (n) sự cho đọc cho viết
D. dictatorship (n) chế độ độc tài
Ta có công thức: A/an + adj + N
Chỗ cần điền là 1 tính từ
Vậy đáp án A thích hợp nhất

A

A. caught sight of : nhìn thấy, thoáng thấy
B. Take care of : trông nom, chăm sóc
C. put an end to : chấm dứt, bãi bỏ
D. Make fun of : chế nhạo, cười chê
Tạm dịch: “ Họ đã................biển “ không hút thuốc” chưa?
Đáp án A thích hợp nhất

C

Ta thấy: Daisy đưa ra lời khen ngợi
Đáp lại lời khen thường: Cảm ơn
Đáp án C thích hợp nhất

D

Dịch “Xin lỗi, Brian không ở đây”
Peter: “......................................”
A. Anh/chị có muốn để lại lời nhắn không?
B. Tôi có thể nhận nhắn được không?
C. Tôi có thể nói với Brian được không?
D. Tôi có thể để lại lời nhắn được không?
Đáp án D thích hợp nhất

D

Deplete (v) tháo ra hết, rút ra hết, xả ra hết , làm rỗng hết, làm suy yếu
A. Greatly dropped : giảm đáng kể
B. Lost (v) mất
C. Destroyed (v) phát hủy
D. Used almost all of : sử dụng gần hết
Đáp án D có nghĩa gần nhất

C

Underestimate (v) đánh giá thấp, không đúng mức
A. misjudge (v) đánh giá sai
B. underrate (v) xem nhẹ, coi thường
C. undervalue (v) đánh giá thấp
D. outnumber (v) đông hơn
Ta thấy đáp án C thích hợp nhất

C

Ta có : at speed: ở tốc độ bao nhiêu
Câu này thuộc về mệnh đề quan hệ: Giới từ + whom/which
Which ở đây thay thế cho speed
Và ta có giới từ at đi với speed

D

“Although scientist are now preparing ___(22)_____ computer technology that will be able to “read” our brains, for the present tests are still the most popular ways of measuring intelligence.”
A. Ahead (pre) phía trước
B. Upper (a) cao hơn ( về địa vị...)
C. Forward (adj) tiến về phía trước
D. Advanced (a) tiên tiến ( ý tưởng, phương pháp, công nghê..)
Ta thấy đáp án D thích hợp nhất vi cân 1 tính từ và nói về sự tiên tiến hiện đại của công nghệ

C

A. Steer (v) lái (tàu thủy, ô tô )
B. command (v) ra lệnh, hạ lệnh
C. run (v) quản lí, điều khiển
D. appoint (v) bổ nhiệm
Đáp án C thích hợp nhất
Tạm dich: “Các xét nghiệm IT phổ biến nhất được quản lí bởi Mensa, một tổ chức đã được tìm thấy tại Anh vào năm 1946.”

A

Ta thấy có giới từ “to” sau chỗ cần điền
Xét 4 đáp án ta thấy có đáp án A: relation+ to : có liên quan tới

D

“But that’s the problem; the whole ___(25)_____ of the test is that they’re against the clock.”
A. reason(n) lí do
B. question(n) câu hỏi
C. matter (n) vấn đề (a subject or situation that you must consider or deal with)
D. point (n) vấn đề (a thing that somebody says or writes giving their opinion or stating a fact)
Đáp án D thích hợp nhất câu này

D

Tác giả miêu tả khu vực sau sân khẩu đề thể hiện rằng:
A. các diễn viên vui như thế nào trong công việc của họ
B. chuẩn bị bao nhiêu là cần thiết cho một man trình diễn
C. các loại vận động viên trượt băng người chương trình thu hút
D. các điều kiện mà vận động viên trượt phải chịu đựng
Câu 2 – 3 -4 – Đoạn 2: “It can't be glamorous, and it's undoubtedly hard work. The backstage atmosphere is an odd mix of gym class and workplace. A curtained-off section at the back of the arena is laughably referred to as the girls' dressing room, but is more accurately described as a corridor, with beige, cracked walls and cheap temporary tables set up along the length of it.”
Tạm dịch: “Nó không hào nhoáng nhưng nó chắc chắc là công việc vất vả. Bầu không khí phía sau sân khấu là sự pha trôn kì lạ giữa lớp học thể dục và nơi làm việc. Một phần màn che ở mặt sau của đấu trường một cách nực cười gọi là phòng thay đồ cô gái, nhưng miêu tả một cách chính xác là một hành lang, với màu be, nứt tường và bàn rẻ tiền tạm thời đượng đặt dọc theo hành lang”
Như vậy ta thấy sự thiếu thốn, cơ sở vật chất không có mà các vận động viên phải chịu đựng
Đáp án D là đáp án đúng

C

Blarses out: âm thanh to
A. seep out: thấm ra
B. sound beautifully: âm thanh hay
C. resound loudly: vang lên ầm ĩ
D. ring: kêu, đổ chuông
Đáp án C có nghĩa gần nhất với từ in đậm

C

Câu 1 – Đoạn 3: “As a place to work, it must rank pretty low down the scale: the area round the ice-rink is grey and mucky with rows of dirty blue and brown plastic seating and red carpet tiles. It's an unimpressive picture, but the show itself is an unquestionably vast, polished global enterprise: the lights come from a firm in Texas, the people who make the audio system are in California, but Montreal supplies the smoke effects; former British Olympic skater Robin Cousins is now creative director for the company and conducts a vast master class to make sure they're ready for the show's next performance.”
Tạm dich: “Là một nơi làm việc, nó phải xếp hạng khá thấp về phạm vi: khu vực quanh sân trượt có màu xám với những hàng ghế nhựa màu xanh bẩn thỉu và nâu bẩn và gạch thảm đỏ. Đây là một hình ảnh không mấy ấn tượng, nhưng các chương trình lớn không có nghi ngờ gì, được đánh bóng bằng doanh nghiệp toàn cầu: ánh sáng đến từ một công ty ở Texas, những người làm cho các hệ thống âm thanh đang ở California, nhưng Montreal cung cấp các hiệu ứng khói; cựu vận động viên Olympic Robin Cousins - anh giờ là giám đốc sáng tạo cho công ty và quản lí các bậc thầy để đảm bảo rằng họ đã sẵn sàng để thực hiện tiếp theo của chương trình.”
Như vậy ta thấy đoạn 3 – đề cập đến phạm vi mà công ty sản xuất

A

Câu 2 – Đoạn 4: “They only place you'll see certain skating moves is an ice show,' he says, 'because you're not allowed to do them in competition.”
Tạm dịch: “"Chúng chỉ diễn ra bạn sẽ thấy chuyển động trượt chắc chắn là một chương trình băng," ông nói, "bởi vì bạn không được phép để làm như vậy trong cuộc thi.”
Làm như vậy ở đây chính là : - chuyển động trượt băng
Đáp án A đúng nhất

B

Câu 2 – Đoạn 3: “Cousins says, 'The aim is to make sure they're all still getting to exactly the right place on the ice at the right time - largely because the banks of lights in the ceiling are set to those places, and if the skaters are all half a metre out they'll be illuminating empty ice.”
Tạm dịch: Cousins nói, "Mục đích là để đảm bảo rằng tất cả chúng vẫn nhận chính xác đúng nơi trên băng vào đúng thời điểm - chủ yếu là do bên bờ đèn trên trần nhà được thiết lập để những nơi đó, và nếu trượt ván là tất cả một nửa mét ra họ sẽ được chiếu sáng băng trống.”
Đáp án B là đáp án đúng

B

Dòng 5 6 7 – đoạn 4: “My theory is that you take those things that people want to see and you give it to them, but not in the way they expect to see it. You try to twist it. And you have to find music that is challenging to the skaters, because they have to do it every night.'”
Tạm dịch : “Lí thuyết của tôi là bạn lấy những thứ cái mà mọi người muốn xem và bạn cung cấp cho họ, nhưng không phải theo cách mà họ muốn xem nó. Bạn nên cố gắng thay đổi cách thể hiện nó. Và bạn phải tìm âm nhạc cái mà thách thức được các nghệ sĩ trượt, vì họ phải làm điều đó mỗi tối”
Đáp án B – được trình diễn các chất liệu quen thuộc theo cách bất ngờ => đáp án B đung nhất

B

Câu 5 – 6 – Đoạn 5: “Cousins knows what he's talking about because he skated for the show himself when he stopped competing - he was financially unable to retire. He learnt the hard way that you can't put on an Olympic performance every night.”
Tạm dịch: “Cousins biết những gì ông nói về vì anh đã trượt băng cho chương trình của mình khi anh dừng hẳn việc thi đấu - anh không thể nghỉ hưu vì mặt tài chính. Ông đã học trượt băng 1 cách khó khăn cái mà bạn không thể thấy ở một biểu diễn Olympic mỗi đêm.”
Như vậy ta thấy việc ông ấy học trải qua giai đoạn dài khó khăn nên có nhiều kinh nghiệm trong lĩnh vực này.
có nghĩa là gì 'một cách khó khăn' trong đoạn văn ?
A. thông qua làm ra nhiều lỗi
B. thông qua kinh nghiệm cá nhân khó khăn
C. do hiểu nhầm sự mong đợi của người khác
D. bởi đánh giá quá mức khả năng của người khác
Đáp án B thích hợp nhất

D

Câu cuối – Đoạn 1: “Equally, it's impossible not to be swept up in the whole thing; well, you'd have to try pretty hard not to enjoy it.”
Tạm dich: “Một cách công bằng, thật khó mà không thể không bị cuốn hút vào tất cả mọi thứ; bạn thấy rằng khó mà không thưởng thức nó.”
Đoạn này ý rằng: Nó rất lôi cuốn – nên chúng ta khó có thể không thích nó
Đáp án D đúng nhất

A

Với dạng câu hỏi như thế này, chúng ta nên để sau cùng ( làm các câu khác trước để hiểu rõ nội dung toàn bài) – Sau khi làm các câu ta thấy nội dung chủ yếu đều nhắc tới các hoạt động trồng trọt của xã hội Bắc Mỹ

B

Câu cuối – Đoạn 1: “The tight arrangement enabled the Mandans to protect themselves more easily from the attacks of others who might seek to obtain some of the food these highly capable farmers stored from one year to the next.”
Tạm dịch: “Việc bố trí chặt chẽ cho phép các Mandans để tự bảo vệ mình một cách dễ dàng khỏi các cuộc tấn công của những người khác người mà tìm kiếm để có được một số các thực phẩm của những nông dân này tích trữ từ năm này đến năm khác.
Như vậy ta thấy đáp án B: bảo vệ thực phẩm của họ

B

Câu 2 -3 – Đoạn 2: “They had to exercise considerable skill to produce the desired results, for their northern location meant fleeting growing seasons. Winter often lingered; autumn could be ushered in by severe frost.”
Tạm dịch: “Họ đã phải tập luyện khá nhiều kỹ năng sản xuất có được các kết quả mong muốn, vì vị trí phía bắc của họ có nghĩa là mùa sinh trưởng ngắn. Mùa đông thường dài; mùa thu có thể kèm theo sương giá khắc nghiệt. “
Ta thấy thời tiết ở nơi đây rất khắc nghiệt vì vậy để có vụ mua tốt người nông dân phải có kĩ năng tốt.

B

Câu 2 – 3 – Đoạn 3: “. They began as early as it appeared feasible to do so in the spring, clearing the land, using fire to clear stubble from the fields and then planting. From this point until the first green corn could be harvested, the crop required labor and vigilance.”
Tạm dịch: “Họ bắt đầu vụ có tính khả thi nhất là vào mùa xuân dọn dẹp mặt bằng, sử dụng lửa để xóa gốc rạ ở đồng và sau đó trồng cây. Từ thời điểm này cho đến khi ngô xanh đầu tiên có thể được thu hoạch,vụ mùa cần lao động và sự cảnh giác ".
Ta thấy công việc này yêu câu lao động và sự cảnh giác nên phải cả phụ nữ và đàn ông cùng làm việc.
Đáp án B đúng nhất

A

Disaster (n) thảm họa
A. Catastrophe (n) thảm họa , thiên tai
B. History (n) lịch sử
C. Control (n) sự điều khiển
D. Avoidance (n) sự tránh né
Đáp án đúng: A

C

“After they picked it, they sliced it, dried it, and strung the slices before they stored them.”
Tạm dịch: “Sau khi họ nhặt nó, họ cắt nó, khô nó, và xâu thành chuỗi những lát thái trước khi chúng được lưu trữ chúng.”
Như vậy ta thấy” them” ở đây chính là “slices”

D

Tạm dịch: Trong suốt đoạn văn, tác giả ngụ ý rằng Mandans ________.
A. có giá trị cá nhân
B. là rất mạo hiểm
C. mở cửa cho người lạ
D. lên kế hoạch cho tương lai
Đọc toàn bộ nội dung của bài ta thấy mọi hành động, việc lam của người đều lên kế hoạch sẵn cho tương lai.
Ví dụ:
Câu cuối – Đoạn 1: “The tight arrangement enabled the Mandans to protect themselves more easily from the attacks of others who might seek to obtain some of the food these highly capable farmers stored from one year to the next.”
Tạm dịch: “Việc bố trí chặt chẽ cho phép các Mandans để tự bảo vệ mình một cách dễ dàng khỏi các cuộc tấn công của những người khác người mà tìm kiếm để có được một số các thực phẩm của những nông dân này tích trữ từ năm này đến năm khác.
Câu 2 -3 – Đoạn 2: “They had to exercise considerable skill to produce the desired results, for their northern location meant fleeting growing seasons. Winter often lingered; autumn could be ushered in by severe frost.”
Tạm dịch: “Họ đã phải tập luyện khá nhiều kỹ năng sản xuất có được các kết quả mong muốn, vì vị trí phía bắc của họ có nghĩa là mùa sinh trưởng ngắn. Mùa đông thường dài; mùa thu có thể kèm theo sương giá khắc nghiệt. “
Câu 3 – 4- 5 – Đoạn 4: “Later in the fall, the people picked the rest of the corn. They saved the best of the harvest for seeds or for trade, with the remainder eaten right away or stored for alter use in underground reserves. With appropriate banking of the extra food, the Mandans protected themselves against the disaster of crop failure and accompany hunger.”
Tất cả việc họ làm đều tính toán và lên kế hoạch cho tương lai.

C

Ta thấy vế trước chia động từ ở thì hiện tại hoàn thành vế sau nối với liên từ “and” (thuộc về cấu trúc song song ) vì vậy ta thấy rằng từ encouraging nên chia ở dạng Ved/3

D

Đáp án D sửa thành interest, vì ta có : to be+ of+ N

C

The + ADJ: chỉ một tầng lớp trong xã hội
Ví dụ: the poor/ the rich / the injured ...
Vậy sau ở C sửa thành : unemployed

A

Arrogant (a) kiêu ngạo, kiêu căng; ngạo mạn
A. humble (a) khiêm tốn, nhún nhường
B. cunning (a) xảo quyệt, xảo trá, gian giảo, láu cá, ranh vặt, khôn vặt
C. naive (a) ngây thơ, chất phác
D. snooty (a) khinh khỉnh, kiêu kỳ
Ta thấy Đáp án A có nghĩa hoàn toàn trái ngược với câu đề bài

B

Advocating (n) tán thành, ủng hộ
A. denying : phủ nhận
B. impugning : công kích, bác bỏ
C. supporting : ủng hộ, hỗ trợ
D. advising : khuyên bảo
Đáp án B có ý nghĩa trái ngược với : “advocating”

A

Tạm dịch: “Không ai không đỡ tôi =, vì vậy tôi không thể kết thúc dự án khoa học đúng giời”
A. Tôi có thể hoàn thành dự án khoa học của tôi đúng thời gian nếu tôi được sự giúp đỡ của một ai đó.
B. Tôi cần sự giúp đỡ về dự án khoa học của tôi, nhưng tất cả mọi người chỉ lờ tôi đi.
C. Dự án khoa học của tôi sẽ rất khó để làm một mình, vì vậy tôi nên nhờ ai đó giúp đỡ.
D. Không ai có thời gian để giúp tôi, vì vậy tôi không thể hoàn thành dự án khoa học của tôi về thời gian.
Đáp án A sát nghĩa câu gốc nhất

C

Mặc dù chúng có mùi vị gần giống nhau, cả hai Sprite và Mountain Dew là hương vị chanh riêng biệt do các công ty khác nhau.
A. Mặc dù Sprite có một hương vị chanh mạnh hơn Mountain Dew, về cơ bản họ là cung một loại nước giải khát, mặc dù được thực hiện bởi các công ty khác nhau.
B. Sprite và Mountain Dew đều được sản xuất bởi cùng một công ty, mặc dù họ đang có tương tự vi chanh - hương vị nước giải khát.
C. Được sản xuất bởi hai công ty khác nhau, Sprite và Mountain Dew, cả hai đều cam - hương vị nước ngọt, hương vị thực tế không có khác nhau.
D. Không thực hiện bởi cùng một công ty, Sprite và Mountain Dew khác với nhau trong số tiền của hương chanh .
=> Đáp án C

A

Tôi không biết Clark nói tiếng Pháp cho đến khi chúng tôi đã đi đến Bordeaux.
A. Đầu tiên tôi nhận ra rằng Clark biết Pháp khi chúng tôi ở Bordeaux.
B. Trước khi chúng tôi đã đi đến Bordeaux, Clark đã không cố gắng để nói tiếng Pháp.
C. Trong khi chúng tôi đã đi du lịch đến Bordeaux, Clark đột nhiên bắt đầu nói tiếng Pháp.
D. Đó là khó khăn để hiểu người Pháp rằng Clark đã phát biểu tại Bordeaux.
=> Đáp án A

C

Một trong những điều tôi ghét là sự ồn ào trẻ con
A. Tôi ghét ở một nơi mà có những đứa trẻ ồn ào.
B. Trẻ em làm ồn rất nhiều, là khủng khiếp. (Không đề cập tôi ghét hay không )
C. Giữa những các thứ, tôi không thể chịu đựng con người làm cho tiếng ồn.
D. Tôi ghét cả trẻ em và tiếng ồn làm cho họ. (Không nói đến ghét trẻ con)
=> Đáp án C

D

Những người không vui đôi khi cố gắng bù đắp bằng cách ăn quá nhiều.
A. Những người không hạnh phúc thường thừa cân vì họ có xu hướng ăn quá nhiều.
B. Ăn quá nhiều đôi khi làm cho người không hài lòng và chán nản.
C. Đối với một số người, ăn quá nhiều là một lý do để phải đau khổ.
D. Khi chán nản, người thỉnh thoảng cố gắng để bù đắp sự đau khổ của họ bằng cách ăn quá nhiều
=> Đáp án D
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Top Bottom