1. My father usually helps me_______ English.
a. to learn b. lean c. learning d. both a and b
2. He was heard_______ shout.
a. to b. of c. by d. at
3. This student expected_______ the first winner of the Grand Prix.
a. be b. being c. to be d. will be
4. I told her_______ about her wedding; everything will straighten out.
a. don't worry b. not to worry c. no worry d. not worry
5. May I suggest you let_______
a. Mary doing so b. Mary do so c. Mary does to d. Mary to do so
6. She_______ him when he called her.
a. pretended not hear b. pretended she heard not c. pretended not to hear d. did not pretend hear
7. The doctor advised_______ late.
a. me not staying up b. me not stay up c. me not to stay up d. I did not stay up
8. The school superintendent told me_______
a. hurrying up b. to hurry up c. hurry up d. hurried up
9. "_______us face the enemies", shouted the soldiers.
a. Make b. Let c. Leave d. Keep
10. Mr. Brown told the schoolgirls_______ in class.
a. don't ear b. not to eat c. eat not d. not eat
11. I have heard Dang Thai Son_______ the piano.
a. played b. plays c. play d. to play
12. The young teachers wanted a Foreign Language Teaching workshop _______ in Ho Chi Minh City.
a. to be holding b. should hold c. to be held d. to hold
13. _______able to take part in the international math contest two years from now, Son works very hard in his math lass.
a. In order to be b. Being c. Been d. So that he be
14. Try_______ so many mistakes.
a. not to make b. not make c. to make not d. make not
15. Let me_______ from you soon.
a. to hear b. hear c. hearing d. heard
16. John is too stupid_______ understand this.
a. to b. not to c. to not d. for
17. The wind is_______ to blow the roof off.
a. strong enough b. too strong c. quiet strong d. very strong
18. My father is _______ to stay up late.
a. too tired b. enough tired c. tired enough d. so tired
19. John wanted me_______ him.
a. to be helping b. help c. to help d. I help
20. I want_______ early tomorrow morning.
a. to leave b. leaving c. me leave d. me leaving
21. I hope_______
a. to see you there b. seeing you there c. you to see there d. see you there
22. I taught_______
a. how mending a shirt b. him how to mend a shirt c. how mend a shirt d. him how mend a shirt
23. I told_______
a. Nam to come b. to come Nam c. to Nam come d. Nam come
24 My father has decided_______ a new house.
a. find b. to find c. finding d. him find
25. Mother warned_______ the electric plug
a. her not to touch b. her touching not c. her not touch d. not touch
26. Don't tell Tan because I don't want_______
a. him to know b. know c. him know d. knowing
27. She explained_______
a. how to make it b. me how to make it c. me to make it d. me make it
28 Miss Brown told Mary_______ down.
a. sit b. to sit c. sitting d. sat
29 She told Mary_______ up hope.
a. not give b. do not give c. not to give d. to give not
30. Michael Faraday wrote a litter to Sir Humphry Davy_______ for work.
a. asked b. to ask c. so to ask d. in order to asking
31. Do you know_______ to play that game now?
a. way b. what c. if d. how
32. She is very glad_______ see you again.
a. in b. with c. to d. for
33. He noticed two thieves_______ out of a shop.
a. to come b. are coming c. in coming d. come
34. When will he be allowed to go home? When will they_______?
a. let him go b. let to go c. leave him to go d. leave him
35. The guide encouraged the tourists_______ the Prado Museum Madrid
a. visit b. to visit c. visiting d. to visiting
36. Mow that were finished painting the house, there's nothing left_______
a. done b. did c. to do d. for doing
37. The superintendent promised to tear down and_______ the fire damaged school building.
a. rebuild b. to rebuild c. rebuilding d. to rebuilding
38. The mechanic needs_______ a new muffler on your car.
a. to put b. putting c. to be put d. to putting
39. Our house needs_______
a. to paint b. to be painting c. to be paint d. painting
40. Do you want _______ by the doctor?
a. to examine b. to be examined c. being examined d. being to examine
Thay đổi nội dung bởi: yen_canary_169, 02-09-2009 lúc 22:54.