the second semester test
School year 07-08
I . Choose the words which has the underlined letter pronounced differently from the other : ( 1 pt )
1 . head
teamate leader teacher
2. roof stood
interview include festival
4. Christmas chemistry machine character
II . Choose the best answer : ( 2pts )
1. Your poem should _______________
in English .
( write / written / be written
/ writing )
2. Ha Long Bay is recognized by UNESCO a World Heritage _______
/ site / bay / picture )
3. The girl _______________ on the stage is my neighbour .
( sing / sings / singing
/ sang )
4. Lan ___________ a blue hat two days ago .
( buys / has bought / bought
/ will buy )
5. Steel is a kind of _________
/ wood / stone / marble )
6. The only wonder you can still ___________ today is pyramid ( look / see
/ watch / peep )
7. There were many other wonders which the ___________ Greeks knew nothing about .
( ancient / modern / nowadays / present
8. The Canyon _____ by the Colorado River over millions of years .
( is formed / will be formed / was formed
/ would be formed )
9. She didn’t know ______ to choose , the red scarf or the blue one .
( what / how / that / which
10. She says that she ______ very poor and can’t afford to buy a car . ( would / will / was
/ will be )
III. Supply the form of the verbs in brackets : ( 1,5 pts )
1 . When we ______met__ ( meet ) George and Linda yesterday , we _____walked________ ( walk ) through the park .
2. We ____met_________ ( meet ) Lucy at the party . She ___________worn______________ ( wear ) a blue skirt .
3. When I’m tired , I enjoy __________watching______________ ( watch ) T.V.
4 . Would you mind _________closing_______________ ( close ) the door ?
IV . Complete the second sentenceso that it has a similar meaning to the first : ( 1,5 pts )
1 . Nobody has used this machine for years .
This machine has been used by nobody for years.
2. They plan to invite him for dinner tonight .
They are going to invite him for dinner tonight .
3. Jane never studied French well when she was a student .
-->Jane used not to study French well when she was a student .
4. We arrived to late to see the first film .
-->We didn't see the first film.
5. Hoa is studying very hard because she doesn't want to fail in the exam .
--> Hoa is studying very hard in order not to to fail in the exam .
6. The last time I played tennis was in 1997.
-->I haven't played tennis since 1997.
V. Read the passage, then answer the questions ( 2 pts )
The great Pyramid of Giza was built as a tomb of Pharaoh Cheops in 2720 BC. Althought it was built a long time ago, its construction makes it one of the true wonders of the world. The four sides of the pyramid are put almost axactly on true north, south, east and west.
Explorations and detailed examinations of the base of the structure reveal many interesting lines. Further scientific study indicates that these represent a type of line of events - past, present and future. Many of the events have been interpreted and found to coincide with known facts of the past.
Was this super structure made by ordinary being, or one built by a race far superior to any known today?
1. How long was the Great Pyramid of Giza built ?
the Great Pyramid of Giza was built as a tomb of Pharaoh Cheops in 2720 BC.
2. Why was it constructed ?
it was constructed because its construction makes it one of the true wonders of the world.
3. Where are four sodes of the pyramid put ?
four sodes of the pyramid are put almost axactly on true north, south, east and west.
4. What do the lines of the pyramid represent ?
the lines of the pyramid represent a type of line of events - past, present and future.
bai này mình ko chắc vài câu
nên mong các bn giúp đỡ ^^