Question 4: Decide which answer which best fits the space
Making arrangements with Paul
A few days ago Paul phoned me and (1)....asked me...whether I(2)...wounld mind....looking after his dog when he(3)...wounld go.... away. I (4)....replied him..... that I didn't really like dog, but he said that he (5)...had already...all his other friends, and that I (6)...had been...his only hope. He invited me round to his house (7)....that evening..... to meet the dog, and he told me that he (8) ..would cook... dinner for me. An hour later he phoned again and said that he (9) ....had to go out...after all, so I (10)..suggested... meeting the following day for lunch. The next morning he cancelled this oppointment and, after he (11) ...told me sorry... said that he (12)...would bring....the dog to my house at 6.00. " I don't know exactly (13).....where it is....., " he said. " Could you tell me how (14)..I get...there?" I quickly said I (15)..went... out and put the phone down. Luckily I haven't heard from him since.
Question 5: Complete each of the following sentences in such a way that means the same as the first
1. Mary no longer prepares for the wedding parties
- Mary doesn't want to prepare for the wedding
2. Who owns this motorcycle?
- Who does this motocyle own? ( ko biết đúng không nữa đêy)
3. How long have John and Mary been married?
- When did John and Mary marry?
4. Remember to check for spelling mistakes before you hand in your composition.
- Don't forget to check for spelling mistakes before you hand in your composition.
5. The sea was too rough for the children to go swimming
- The children couldn’t go swimming because the sea was too rough.
6. Mary rang hours and hours.
- It is took Mary hours and hours to ring.
7. He failed to win the race.
- He didn't
8. It was only when I looked the room that I realised I hadn't turned off the cooker.
- Not until I looked the room that I realised, had I turned off the cooker.
9.You know a bit about cars but I know more.
- You don't know about cars as much as I do.
10. The rain began to fall during my walk in the country.
- While I was walking in the country, the rain began to fall.
11. Because my brother has never been abroad before, he finds this trip exciting.
- My brother finds traveling abroad exciting because he has never been before.
12. Which speed did he drive at on the high way last night?
13. I consider that to manage to know what other people are thinking is quite impossible.
- I find it is quite impossible to manage to know that other people are thinking.
14. It would be a good idea to take more exercise.
- He advised me to take more exercise.
15. I don't have a bigger problem than pronunciation.
- My pronunciation is the bigest problem.
16. Green Peace will organize a meeting at the Town Hall next Tuesday.
- There will be oranized a meeting at the Town Hall by Green Peace next Tuseday.
17. I can't describe people as well as you can.
- You' re more describable people than I am. (không biết đúng không nữa )
18. I didn't arrive in time to see her.
- I wasn't early to arrive to see her.
19. He failed to win the race.
- He didn't .................................................. ......................... (câu 7)
20. You may get hungry on the train, so take some sandwiches.
- In case of getting hungry on the train, you can take some sandwiches.
Có một số câu ở phần sau em không biết cách làm, chữa giúp em chi ơi