Question 1 : choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others
/ 2. occurred / 3. warned / 4. claimed
1. children / 2. choice
/ 3. charity / 4. machine
Question 3 : choose the best answer to complete each of the following senyences
1. My mother is always a ....... woman who is loved by all her friends
2. Internet users sometimes have to ..... various risks
3. ...... take part in the English Speaking Club ? - That's a good idea.
A. I think we should
B. What about
D. Why don't we
4. My sister has just ...... from Singapore. She seems to have enjoyed her trip very much.
A. come on
B. come to
C. come across
D. come back
5. These oranges look juicy, ..... ?
A. do they
B. don't they
C. don't these
D. aren't they
6. People should use more solar energy ..... it is cheap, clean and unlimited
B. in spite of
D. because of
7. Today we depend ...... natural gas more than any other fuels
8. Mr Robinson has just finished ....... the center building
C. to design
9. I ...... accept his invitation if I were in your position
10. that man, ..... I was sitting next to on the plane, talked all the time
11. "what a nice dress you have, Lan ! " .. " ..........."
A. yes, it's new
C. good idea
D. It's nice of you to say so
12. ....... resources are divided into two groups: renewable and nonrenewable
Question 4: read the passage carefully, then answer the questions below
Tropical rain forests are found in Amazon region of south America, Central America, Africa, South and Souththeast Asia. Rain forests are very important to the world's climate. The Amazon rain forest alone receives about 30 to 40 per cent of the total rainfall on the earth and produces about the same percentage of the world's oxygen. Some scientists believe that the decreasing size of rain forests will affect the climate on the earth, making it uncomfortable, or even dangerous for life. Saving our rain forests is an international problem. One country, or even a few countries cannot solve the problem alone. The nations of the world must work together to find a solution before it is too late.
1. How are rain forests to the world's climate? (??? )
2. What do scientists think about the decreasing size of rain forests?
Some scientists think the decreasing size of rain forests will affect the climate on the Earth, making it uncomfortable or even dangerous for life
3. Is saving our rain forests only a national problem?
No, it isn't
Question 5: fill in each blank with one suitable word from the box
also, because, international, help, much, countries, improve, courses, native, however
Millions of people around the world want to learn English. Many of them go to the USA and other English speaking courses
to study at language course abroad, you should try to speak English as much
as possible. students of this kind of education can stay with a local family. This is a good chance to improve
your English and to learn a lot about everyday life. You should try to talk to native
speakers and students from other countries. Not only will this help you to improve your English but it will help
show how important English is for international communication.
Hình như câu 1 phần đọc hiểu chj đánh thiếu hay sao ấy. Em đọc mà chẳng hiểu gì cả
Với lại chị đánh nốt phần điền từ đi nhé, em sợ sai lắm